- Tick-or-Treating will be Tuesday evening, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. As we say each year: if you are participating leave your porch lights on, and for those of you Trick-or-Treating please by-pass any homes with their lights off.
- Daylight saving time will end and we return to Eastern Standard Time Sunday at 2:00 AM. Please remember to set your clocks back 1 hour when you go to sleep. With the time change remember that the watering schedule for your lawn will change to once a week, too. See the chart below for the official schedule from the St. John’s Water Management District.
- With the time change, the pool & club house area will close at 5 PM.
Please have a safe Halloween and enjoy the cooler weather!
We just received confirmation that FEMA will be here tomorrow (Saturday, October 21st) to pick up yard debris. We understand the community yard sale is that day, but the HOA did not want to delay this much needed pick-up when they gave us a date.
Please do not mix construction debris (if you have any) with your yard debris! FEMA has said they will NOT take construction debris! Please keep it separate and let them remove the hurricane debris.
The gates will open tomorrow morning at 8 AM for our community garage sale.
Also on Sunday the 22nd we have our BBQ at the club house from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Pleas stop by and join us!
Our Pools will be reopening Friday mornining at 9 AM. Thank you for your patience at this time while repairs were made.
Also, our community garage sale will be Saturday, October 14th.
We want to remind everyone that if you have workmen or services coming to your home to do work, please add them to your Envera list! We have had issues this week with lines of work trucks filling the visitor’s lane and backing up onto Hwy 27. These trucks backed up because the people they were here to see had not added them to their Envera list so time was wasted as Envera had to call homeowners to see if the visitors are approved.
You can learn all the ways to add people to your list HERE on our web page.
The kiddie pool is finally being repaired starting tomorrow. This will require closing the pools as they will need to be turned off. We will let you know when they reopen.
Our HOA President, Irene Martello, would like to thank all our residents for the great effort in cleaning up your yards. We will let everyone know when Waste Management will be around to get yard waste. Remember that trash & recycling will be on Friday, not tomorrow.
As you do clean up, please remember to not leave branches and debris in front of storm drains. It can get in there then build up and clog the storm drains. Thank you.
Thursday evening at 6 PM we could use volunteers at the club house to help set up the chairs and tables for the pool area reopening. If you can help out please stop by. Thank you!
Due to Hurricane Irma on Monday, trash & recycling pick-up will be on Friday. We are unsure if yard waste will be picked up on Saturday. We will let everyone know once we get a definite answer from Waste Management.
Now that Irma is past we know many of you are busy cleaning up your yards. The HOA just spoke with Waste Management. Here are the basics the told us:
- If you have long limbs or trunks to be picked up, they must be cut down to 5′ or 6 ‘ lengths, nothing longer. The truck used to haul yard waste cannot take pieces longer than that. Please cut down anything that is too long.
- Because of the storm Friday is our trash/recycling day. Waste Management is picking up both waste and recycling cans and co-mingling both types of trash to speed up the process. Since bags outside the can will not be picked up, you can place additional bags of waste in your recycling can. We do not know if Waste Management will have a yard waste pick-up on Saturday. Please stay tuned and we will post as soon as we have an answer.
- Envera sustained damage to their facilities from Irma and the gate will be down for the foreseeable future. During this time we will be hard pressed to keep solicitors from going door-to-door offering to do work for you. Please do NOT pay for any work from unsolicited workmen! We cannot give any guarantee on the type of work you will receive. Please do your research online or call companies for repairs you need.