For better security and privacy, new gate arms are being installed at the front entrance. They should be operational in the next few days.
These arms move quickly and will NOT stop moving down for tailgaters: your vehicle will be hit if you attempt to tailgate! Weston Hills is not responsible for damage to vehicles who do not follow proper entry procedures, and will submit video of all incidents to Premier Management for documentation. Damage to the new system will be charged to the vehicle owner (license plates are recorded as cars enter and exit).
Bi-lingual black & yellow signs warning drivers of the gate arms will be posted alerting all drivers to not tailgate.
Please make sure all visitors and contractors are on your Envera list and tell them to not tailgate anyone. Visitors on your list must check in at the kiosk and have a drivers license to be scanned. The access period is brief so visitors must proceed quickly through the entrance once the guard has opened it. If the gate closes because they are moving too slowly, they must re-check in with the guard.
Residents have asked for the phone numbers that Envera uses to call to check on unlisted guests/visitors. This way the numbers can be added to your phone contacts and you can see it is Envera.
There are 3 numbers we know. The 4th I could only get the area code, so if anyone has received a call from this number please email us [WestonHillsHOA@gmail.com] so I can add it. Thank you.
Again we ask that you place all visitors and vendors coming to see you on your Envera visitor’s list. We had three separate back-ups today at the gate because visitors weren’t on the list AND residents are not answering their phones when Envera calls to see if they are approved.
We just received confirmation that FEMA will be here tomorrow (Saturday, October 21st) to pick up yard debris. We understand the community yard sale is that day, but the HOA did not want to delay this much needed pick-up when they gave us a date.
Please do not mix construction debris (if you have any) with your yard debris! FEMA has said they will NOT take construction debris! Please keep it separate and let them remove the hurricane debris.
The gates will open tomorrow morning at 8 AM for our community garage sale.
Also on Sunday the 22nd we have our BBQ at the club house from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Pleas stop by and join us!
We want to remind everyone that if you have workmen or services coming to your home to do work, please add them to your Envera list! We have had issues this week with lines of work trucks filling the visitor’s lane and backing up onto Hwy 27. These trucks backed up because the people they were here to see had not added them to their Envera list so time was wasted as Envera had to call homeowners to see if the visitors are approved.
You can learn all the ways to add people to your list HERE on our web page.
The kiddie pool is finally being repaired starting tomorrow. This will require closing the pools as they will need to be turned off. We will let you know when they reopen.
Now that Irma is past we know many of you are busy cleaning up your yards. The HOA just spoke with Waste Management. Here are the basics the told us:
- If you have long limbs or trunks to be picked up, they must be cut down to 5′ or 6 ‘ lengths, nothing longer. The truck used to haul yard waste cannot take pieces longer than that. Please cut down anything that is too long.
- Because of the storm Friday is our trash/recycling day. Waste Management is picking up both waste and recycling cans and co-mingling both types of trash to speed up the process. Since bags outside the can will not be picked up, you can place additional bags of waste in your recycling can. We do not know if Waste Management will have a yard waste pick-up on Saturday. Please stay tuned and we will post as soon as we have an answer.
- Envera sustained damage to their facilities from Irma and the gate will be down for the foreseeable future. During this time we will be hard pressed to keep solicitors from going door-to-door offering to do work for you. Please do NOT pay for any work from unsolicited workmen! We cannot give any guarantee on the type of work you will receive. Please do your research online or call companies for repairs you need.
Hurricane Irma has shifted to the west and is coming straight up the center of the state. Here is what the local news has said:
- Irma will hit south Florida as a Category 4
- It will begin to loose strength being over land. I will be a Category 3 or even a 2 once it reaches Orlando
- The current path will take the eye directly over downtown Orlando
- We should feel the winds pick up by Saturday afternoon. Rain will begin soon after.
- The main portion of the storm will hit our area on Sunday afternoon/evening
The storm can still change course (this is just the current prediction) but please prepare for the rain and winds that will be here. No matter where this storm heads now the Four Corners area will experience rough weather.
Once the trash and recycling trucks have come by please put your cans away. The HOA wants all cans put away inside your garage. Any cans found sitting outside on Saturday will be removed and stored away. Homeowners will be charged for this storage. PLEASE PUT YOUR CANS IN YOUR GARAGE!
Light items like potted plants, yard decorations, and toys must be put away to prevent them from being blown away and becoming missiles for the high winds. You have until Saturday afternoon to put these things away before the weather deteriorates.
The gates have been tied open to prevent damage in the winds and the pool & club house are now closed.
Please be careful out on 27. Northbound traffic is getting busy with people escaping the storm from the south. Because of the 27 construction, traffic is backing up from the shift down to one-lane just north of us.
Water and gas can still be found at stores. Companies are still getting products and gas delivered; the storm hasn’t stopped them, yet. You can also fill up containers and jugs with water from your own tap, too. You can also put ice in other containers and store in your freezer and allow your ice maker to make more.
If you want to put up plywood over windows but don’t know how, please watch the video below.
If you are planning on leaving the area be prepared for traffic on the major roadways going north and west. The Google Map and Waze apps for smartphones and some GPS devices will calculate the fastest route to your destination routing you around busier roadways.
Please stay safe!