With the recent incident of a bear and cub walking through yards the other night, Premier Management has asked us to post a page about the wildlife you may encounter in the area and how to handle them. Please see our Wildlife Encounters page.
- The closure of the pools and the pool area/club house for February has been extended indefinitely. Work was being done on the kiddie pool and extensive damage to the decking around it was discovered. The work on this area requires the area to be clear so we can’t open the other pools and just cordon off the kiddie pool. At some point after the decking is broken up, we should be able to get the 2 adult pools open to everyone as the work continues on the kiddie pool. We will get them open as soon as we can.
- Volunteers are needed for Thursday, March 5th, to assist with traffic direction. The entry side to Weston Hills will be closed for several hours due to two trees being taken down along the Weston Hills Blvd between the gates and Brook Hollow Rd. All traffic will need to come in and out of the exit gate starting at 9 AM and volunteers are needed to help traffic flow. If you do not need to go out that day we advise residents to just avoid the area. Also, if you have vendors or deliveries if you can reschedule them for that day that would help the traffic. If you can help us please email WestonHillsHOA@gmail.com or call 609-705-5733.
We thank our residents for their patience and understanding in this matter.
Here is information for everyone:
- The pool / club house areas are now closed until further notice. Volunteers have secured all items there. We will reopen it as soon as weather conditions clear after the hurricane passes.
- Please remember to remove all items from your yards and porches that can be blown about by the wind. This includes your trash & recycling bins. Place them in your garage to prevent them from becoming projectiles from wind gusts.
Thank you and please stay safe in the storm.
Tropical Storm Dorian is headed towards us and is projected to gain strength, possibly as high as a category 3 storm. While it is too far out to project where in Florida it will hit, we will most likely be affected by storms and wind.
You can check the current projected path at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center page HERE. On the current course we may get hit on the coast around Monday morning, but these storms can be very unpredictable so check the NHC page periodically, watch the local news casts, or the Weather Channel broadcasts to get the latest path information.
For those of you new to Florida you can check out our Storm Preparedness packet on our web site HERE.
We will send out updates here, on NextDoor.com, and through the E-Loop when we have more information to give out.
Everyone please stay safe!
Please be vigilant!
There was bear activity in our community last night. A resident’s garbage can was destroyed by a bear in the early A.M. hours; the bear attacked it to get at the garbage inside. The bear was caught on the resident’s video camera.
- Please keep your trash & recycling cans inside your garage
- Do not confront a bear if you see it
This happened at a home on the perimeter of the development next to the wooded area, but if the bear is in the community it could explore further in if attracted by garbage you have put in your trash can.
If you need to replace your trash or recycling can due to a hungry bear, or a different reason, please see our Trash/Recycling page for the phone number to call for a replacement.
To our residents:
There has been a change in the pool closure schedule.
The pools will be open tomorrow through Sunday [Apr 29]. But starting Monday [Apr 30], they will be closed until Thursday morning [May 3rd] . Cement work is happening at the entrance area and several days are needed for it to set and dry properly.
NOTE: This includes the club house, as well.
While it is open this weekend, please watch your step as boards have been set out to cover dirt areas that will getting cemented on Monday.
We would like to remind residents to please keep your vehicles locked. And do not leave valuables in view. Valuables should be taken with you inside or locked in your truck. This includes spare change, too.
With the recent bear sightings, this web page has useful information.
Living With Bears
Hurricane Irma has shifted to the west and is coming straight up the center of the state. Here is what the local news has said:
- Irma will hit south Florida as a Category 4
- It will begin to loose strength being over land. I will be a Category 3 or even a 2 once it reaches Orlando
- The current path will take the eye directly over downtown Orlando
- We should feel the winds pick up by Saturday afternoon. Rain will begin soon after.
- The main portion of the storm will hit our area on Sunday afternoon/evening
The storm can still change course (this is just the current prediction) but please prepare for the rain and winds that will be here. No matter where this storm heads now the Four Corners area will experience rough weather.
Once the trash and recycling trucks have come by please put your cans away. The HOA wants all cans put away inside your garage. Any cans found sitting outside on Saturday will be removed and stored away. Homeowners will be charged for this storage. PLEASE PUT YOUR CANS IN YOUR GARAGE!
Light items like potted plants, yard decorations, and toys must be put away to prevent them from being blown away and becoming missiles for the high winds. You have until Saturday afternoon to put these things away before the weather deteriorates.
The gates have been tied open to prevent damage in the winds and the pool & club house are now closed.
Please be careful out on 27. Northbound traffic is getting busy with people escaping the storm from the south. Because of the 27 construction, traffic is backing up from the shift down to one-lane just north of us.
Water and gas can still be found at stores. Companies are still getting products and gas delivered; the storm hasn’t stopped them, yet. You can also fill up containers and jugs with water from your own tap, too. You can also put ice in other containers and store in your freezer and allow your ice maker to make more.
If you want to put up plywood over windows but don’t know how, please watch the video below.
If you are planning on leaving the area be prepared for traffic on the major roadways going north and west. The Google Map and Waze apps for smartphones and some GPS devices will calculate the fastest route to your destination routing you around busier roadways.
Please stay safe!