To our residents:
There has been a change in the pool closure schedule.
The pools will be open tomorrow through Sunday [Apr 29]. But starting Monday [Apr 30], they will be closed until Thursday morning [May 3rd] . Cement work is happening at the entrance area and several days are needed for it to set and dry properly.
NOTE: This includes the club house, as well.
While it is open this weekend, please watch your step as boards have been set out to cover dirt areas that will getting cemented on Monday.
We are now posting the pool hours on our web page. Just look to the information column on the right to see what they currently are.
- Tick-or-Treating will be Tuesday evening, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. As we say each year: if you are participating leave your porch lights on, and for those of you Trick-or-Treating please by-pass any homes with their lights off.
- Daylight saving time will end and we return to Eastern Standard Time Sunday at 2:00 AM. Please remember to set your clocks back 1 hour when you go to sleep. With the time change remember that the watering schedule for your lawn will change to once a week, too. See the chart below for the official schedule from the St. John’s Water Management District.
- With the time change, the pool & club house area will close at 5 PM.
Please have a safe Halloween and enjoy the cooler weather!
Our Pools will be reopening Friday mornining at 9 AM. Thank you for your patience at this time while repairs were made.
Also, our community garage sale will be Saturday, October 14th.
We want to remind everyone that if you have workmen or services coming to your home to do work, please add them to your Envera list! We have had issues this week with lines of work trucks filling the visitor’s lane and backing up onto Hwy 27. These trucks backed up because the people they were here to see had not added them to their Envera list so time was wasted as Envera had to call homeowners to see if the visitors are approved.
You can learn all the ways to add people to your list HERE on our web page.
The kiddie pool is finally being repaired starting tomorrow. This will require closing the pools as they will need to be turned off. We will let you know when they reopen.
Our HOA President, Irene Martello, would like to thank all our residents for the great effort in cleaning up your yards. We will let everyone know when Waste Management will be around to get yard waste. Remember that trash & recycling will be on Friday, not tomorrow.
As you do clean up, please remember to not leave branches and debris in front of storm drains. It can get in there then build up and clog the storm drains. Thank you.
Thursday evening at 6 PM we could use volunteers at the club house to help set up the chairs and tables for the pool area reopening. If you can help out please stop by. Thank you!
Hurricane Irma has shifted to the west and is coming straight up the center of the state. Here is what the local news has said:
- Irma will hit south Florida as a Category 4
- It will begin to loose strength being over land. I will be a Category 3 or even a 2 once it reaches Orlando
- The current path will take the eye directly over downtown Orlando
- We should feel the winds pick up by Saturday afternoon. Rain will begin soon after.
- The main portion of the storm will hit our area on Sunday afternoon/evening
The storm can still change course (this is just the current prediction) but please prepare for the rain and winds that will be here. No matter where this storm heads now the Four Corners area will experience rough weather.
Once the trash and recycling trucks have come by please put your cans away. The HOA wants all cans put away inside your garage. Any cans found sitting outside on Saturday will be removed and stored away. Homeowners will be charged for this storage. PLEASE PUT YOUR CANS IN YOUR GARAGE!
Light items like potted plants, yard decorations, and toys must be put away to prevent them from being blown away and becoming missiles for the high winds. You have until Saturday afternoon to put these things away before the weather deteriorates.
The gates have been tied open to prevent damage in the winds and the pool & club house are now closed.
Please be careful out on 27. Northbound traffic is getting busy with people escaping the storm from the south. Because of the 27 construction, traffic is backing up from the shift down to one-lane just north of us.
Water and gas can still be found at stores. Companies are still getting products and gas delivered; the storm hasn’t stopped them, yet. You can also fill up containers and jugs with water from your own tap, too. You can also put ice in other containers and store in your freezer and allow your ice maker to make more.
If you want to put up plywood over windows but don’t know how, please watch the video below.
If you are planning on leaving the area be prepared for traffic on the major roadways going north and west. The Google Map and Waze apps for smartphones and some GPS devices will calculate the fastest route to your destination routing you around busier roadways.
Please stay safe!