Good morning residents,
- The pool / club house areas are now closed until further notice. Volunteers have secured all items there. We will reopen it as soon as weather conditions clear after the hurricane passes.
- Please remember to remove all items from your yards and porches that can be blown about by the wind. This includes your trash & recycling bins. Place them in your garage to prevent them from becoming projectiles from wind gusts.
Tropical Storm Dorian is headed towards us and is projected to gain strength, possibly as high as a category 3 storm. While it is too far out to project where in Florida it will hit, we will most likely be affected by storms and wind.
You can check the current projected path at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center page HERE. On the current course we may get hit on the coast around Monday morning, but these storms can be very unpredictable so check the NHC page periodically, watch the local news casts, or the Weather Channel broadcasts to get the latest path information.
For those of you new to Florida you can check out our Storm Preparedness packet on our web site HERE.
We will send out updates here, on NextDoor.com, and through the E-Loop when we have more information to give out.
Everyone please stay safe!
A small dog, white with brown spots was found wandering the neighborhood near Autumn Glen and Wilshire. It has on a pinkish/red collar but no tags. If you have any info on its owner please respond here. A posting on Nextdoor Neighbor has also been put up.
Many of you have heard of the apartment complex a developer wants to put in near the Wawa & Storage facility. For those of you who haven’t, you can get more information at the NextDoor.com posting HERE.
Not only is Westchester & Greater Groves communities concerned since it will negatively affect their community, surrounding communities are getting involved as it will also affect them [increased traffic, lower property values]. So in the coming days HOA board members and volunteers will be in the community asking for signatures of residents so we can show the Lake County Developers we don’t want this kind of reckless construction of apartments. When you sign the petition, you need to include the following information:
- Phone number
- Voter Registration Number*
*The Voter Registration Number is an optional field, and will only be used to show the Lake County Commissioners how many registered voters are concerned with this apartment complex. Remember, they are elected officials, and voters will remember how the commissioners listened to us when election time comes around. To find your Voter Registration Number, you can use this link:
Below is a copy of the petition. Thank you for you time in this matter.
- If you have Amazon deliveries coming, please add Amazon Delivery to your Envera Gate list. At times they use their own vehicles to make deliveries and not an Amazon truck (which Envera will let through).
- If you are a resident trying to access the community through the visitor lane/kiosk, even as you’ve inserted your license for scanning, please give the guard your street address when asked. You can also by-pass this issue by obtaining a sticker for your vehicle.
With the recent news story on the rabid cat found near Disney property [“Cat with rabies triggers alert on Epcot Center Drive in Orange County, health officials say”] we want to remind residents that cats are not allowed to freely roam the neighborhood. For their protection and yours, please keep them indoors and make sure they are up to date on their shots.
Rabies can also affect your dogs. Make sure they are vaccinated as well, as rabies can be transmitted among other wild animals (such as bats, raccoons, and squirrels) that pets could come in contact with.
Here is the CDC information on rabies. Consult with your pets’ veterinary doctor if you have further questions on keeping your pet safe. You can also contact the Lake County Office of Animal Services at their web page to get further information.